Using the Carden Method
We understand that the early years at school are a critical step for little ones and an important decision for parents when selecting a school. Our program is focused on age level appropriate learning. Carden preschool consists of three's, four's, and a pre-k level group.
At Carden Preschool, we present literature for comprehension and vocabulary building while giving the children an opportunity to love books. We present Science, Social Studies, Art, Music, Mathematical understanding along with social and physical development. French vocabulary is presented, as well.
Our qualified preschool staff establishes opportunities in small groups for building communication skills and consistently guides our children in the courtesies of life. All of which is done in a happy welcoming atmosphere. We are preparing them for continued learning success.
A Carden Preschool at Carden Whittier Private School
As toddlers grow and become more aware of the world around them, the Carden program continually moves the activities along, understanding that the children’s time at school plays a vital role in the beginning steps of learning. Our little ones experience group lessons with the teacher and also valuable time together learning to share and relate to one another. Caring preschool teachers guide the children consistently in behaviors that will strengthen their social skills as well as their desire to learn. Even at the preschool age, the children’s play is their work.
Some items from our Early Childhood Program are listed below.
• Toys and activities are chosen to help strengthen their little fingers and allow for creative ideas. Some of these include puzzles, play dough, painting, coloring, and more.
• Story time, literature, is where vocabulary can be enhanced and a child can experience adventure while given a chance to evaluate text and use imagination to see the story in his own mind. Questions are asked to build interest and participation which develop beginning steps of comprehension.
• Music lifts the spirit. Singing and rhythms are done, as well as movements to build coordination and confidence.
• Art time provides an opportunity to be creative while strengthening focus and individuality. Color and design themes including unit projects offer the young child a wide variety of experiences.
• Outside play is also important for our little ones. Physical activity is not only important for health but also provides the children the opportunity to develop skills while enjoying others.
• Science, Social Studies, French, and other subjects relating to the young children are also presented.
Carden Whittier Private School has a welcoming atmosphere for all students.